Sunday, February 2, 2014

Rave Review; Profusions Pallet in Go Glam

Hey you guys!!! I swear I didn't fall off the face of the earth :) I've been so cerazy busy lately with a million and one things but I could not WAIITT to get home and share my big news with you.

So...as you all know...I friggin LOVE bargain hunting. I mean, seriously, what better way is there to spend your Saturday than finding yourself with a ginormous STEAL on your hands??!!

 
BARGAINS:
 
WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE TO NORMAL PEOPLE:
 

WHAT THEY FEEL LIKE TO ME:

 
 
So anyways, there I was at Big Lots on a Saturday. To answer all your unspoken questions: YES it is worth every oddball situation I have incurred there during my loyal, long-standing patronage. I LOVE ME SOME BIGLOTS and I don't care who knows it!!!
 
I wandered over to the cosmetics aisle because....because why the heck not that's why?!
 
I was fumbling through some "loveeelllyy" beauties (insert cynical laughter here).....
 
When I saw something lurking at the bottom of the shelf literally forgotten about and abandoned in a corner.
 
That's when I spotted this lovely eye pallet. First of all can we just stop to appreciate the adorable packaging??!!! I bought a Hard Candy pallet quite some time ago for similar reasons...and...yahhhh...disappointment ensued. I should really stop doing that (insert me laughing silently at realizing this will never ever happen)
 
 
So yah...already there is no way in HECK this thing isn't coming home with me. But the four dollar price tag didn't hurt either.
 
However, when you look inside it's all
 
 
Pallet is upside down from swatches...sorry!
 

 
ZOMG!!!! I didn't get near that color range in my Hard Candy Pallet!!! Seriously this has to be one of my new faves!!!! I'm thinking about doing a blog post about pallets I have loved for less than $5.00 and would recommend to all our readers out there. Thoughts?!!
 
Anyways, moving on, when I got home I instantly had to try out the quality.  I have to say that they are...not...too..shabby.
 
 
I mean, as opposed to many other eyeshadows I've tried for a lesser price (ahem almost every other brand out there...boo on you) these ones are pretty creamy and apply pretty easily. They are also pigmented nicely once you swatch a few times. I mean...just check out these swatches of the first two rows
 
 
And then we have the bottom, green/blue colors which just BLUE my mind. Oh..gosh..I"m sorry I can't turn off the bad puns :)
 
 
As far as full disclosure goes, there are definitely a few duds in the pallete. I mean, as you can see there are three colors that barely even show up. However, when you consider there are 11 others that are MIND BLOWINGLY pigmented for that $4.00 price tag, I mean c'mon!!! That's less than you typically pay for just one color :)
 
 
Here is my youtube vid on the look I created with this pallete. I'm pretty darned proud of it and hope it helps you guys! Please, as always, don't hesitate to request what you want to see next!!
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment