Sunday, January 19, 2014

Ten Dollar Makeup Challenge

First of all, let me begin by saying, thank you so much for stopping by on your sacred weekend!! I mean seriously!! I know you guys have such limited, practically non-existent down-time in your busy lives and it means the world to us that you visit our blog in what little relaxation window you have :)



This weekend, I was really thinking about our wonderful readers and wondering what kind of post I could do that would really help you guys out! I must have thought of a million and one diy ideas that MIGHT have been helpful to our readers before I realized..."WAITADARNMINUTE!!!!! I know what every woman could use!!!!"



I can't even tell you guys how many lovely ladies I've conversed with, in previous conversations, who have at one time or another encountered the same awful situation I have: forgetting your makeup bag on a trip OR losing some important, key items. Murphy's law must actually state that it's your MOST EXPENSIVE makeup items that will, inevitably, get lost or destroyed somehow--especially traveling.

So it was with this new epiphany that I decided to challenge myself dear readers. And challenge myself I did. I completed this makeup look...entire face full of beauty products using just (gasp) ten dollars worth of beauty products.


I'll repeat that so that you can let it really sink in. Ten dollars only....for every...single.... makeup product on mah face people.  The only thing I didn't calculate in were my brushes, but I made sure to keep those super cheap too so that if you were truly in a bind the entire thing would cost you LESS than twenty bucks.

If you awesome ladies ever doubt how much I love you, just know that I spent most of my Saturday scouring every budget store in the most dangerous areas of town for this challenge. This was me most of the afternoon.




But seriously it was worth it and I hope you guys love the finished look!!!!

 
Here is my new, snazzy youtube video (with me having wayyyy too much fun with the soundboard/musical loops) to walk you through the process and the products :) Enjoy!!!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment