Sunday, February 23, 2014

Drugstore Delights

Hey girlies!!! I hope that each and every one of you is taking some much-needed, quality time away from work and enjoying your p & q (peace and quiet.) I know I have been!!!!

As most of you readers already know, I'm a HUGE fan of eyeshadow. I mean, I seriously LOVE it!!!! It, in my opinion, is the one element of a woman's makeup that can COMPLETELY translate the look she's going for.

EXAMPLE:

Want a daytime look? Stick to neutrals, browns, and taupe colors and you can't miss.

From: Get Ready With Me Date Night Video


Want to look nighttime ready? Add a little black and some smoldering eyeliner and it's a total hit!!!

From: Inexpensive Smokey Eye Video
 
 
Eyeshadow just takes a woman's makeup from here to there so easily. It's...dare I say...magical?!
 
 

 
 
Eyeshadow is probably my WORST Achilles heel in the makeup aisle too. I'm such a sucker for all the beautiful colors and palettes. Whenever I go to the makeup aisle, and start browsing around the new colors companies are launching, I MIIIGGGHHHTTT look a little something like this
 
And then when I get home, experimenting with all those shadows and seeing what I think, I MIGGGHHTTT feel a little something like this:
 
 
I had written some time ago about how disappointed I am with MANY of my drugstore eyeshadow purchases. Here is a compilation of several compaints I've had, over the years, with verying drugstore eyeshadow palettes:
 
COMPLAINTS:
 
*Too powdery/chalky
*Not pigmented
*Color from palette does not translate
*Too expensive for a drugstore purchase and NO performance for the money
*Cute packaging/awful performance
*Not long-lasting at ALL!!
*No color range offered
 
 
This inspired me to do a video using eyeshadow palettes I DO enjoy that I bought from drugstore makeup brands. Now, to be fair, several of these palettes I got at Big Lots...but they are ELF and Profusions brands which can be purchased at any drugstore/Target. And besides...I kind of consider Big Lots a drugstore (ish) kind of place :)
 
 
Anyways, here is the video about the palettes that I love and I hope that it helps you guys out so you can avoid the same eyeshadow mistakes of MY past!!!
 
 

 
Until next time, darling drugstore deals!!!!
 
-Eliz
 


No comments:

Post a Comment