Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Getting "Comfortable" with Wet 'N' Wild

Let's revisit that dreadful video I made a week or so ago. Yes, the quality was awful. Yes, I looked confused as heck. But I am hoping that what you viewers REALLY took from that well-meaning, albeit iiinnereesttinng looking thing/video is that Wet 'N' Wild products are a dark horse, surprise you in a good way fan favorite for me!

I still have early memories of my first experiences with Wet 'N' Wild. As a kid, I was always spending my dollar allowance on TOTALLY necessary items such as dark blue lipsticks and royal fuscha eyeshadows from their product line. These are items I deemed completely fashion-forward for any playground gathering or cafeteria soiree..at age nine.


I guess those embarrassing memories are why I had strayed from Wet 'N' Wild in my adult years. Also, I think I just assumed (like so many incorrectly do) that "you get what you pay for." Therefore,the scimpy price tag on so many Wet 'N' Wild products scared me off and I continued to spend boatloads of money on products that just....don't...work. Brilliant right?!



I would say that the item I've had the hardest time finding, at the drugstore, is a quality eyeshadow. I mean, literally. Look at this ridiculous bag full of eyeshadows I've purchased from every manufacturer out there. My cup runneth over of eyeshadows that just don't cut the mustard.


If you are wondering what qualities I expect in a good eyeshadow look below

ELIZ'S IDEA OF A GOOD EYESHADOW
*Pigmented
*Slick/Smooth feel
*Holds all day
*Variety of color
*Not a "cake" texture

I mean....at $7-$8 ON AVERAGE a pop for the most cosmetic eye quads, I didn't feel like that was too much to ask. Yet, time and time again, I found myself back to my Clinique eyeshadows scraping the remnants of eyeshadow long-ago just to get anything I deemed acceptable. I kept finding myself wondering why I had to pay $35.00 at a makeup counter just to get a good product?!

I have to tell you this is where I get all "WET N WILD...I LOVE YOU....THANK YOU FOR SAVING ME FROM HIGH PRICE TAGS!!!"

But seriously, once I tried that blush I discussed in the duplicate drugstore post, it was...so...ON! I researched Wet 'N" Wild eyeshadows and found that so many people LOVED them and were sometimes even going so far as to compare them to....be still my heart..MAC products. Could it be??!!! Something that dared to even enter the arena of the holy grail and mecca of all things eye products that IS MAC?!!!!! At $3-$5 for an eye pallet this was a risk I was willing to take.

So I recently just bought this guy....Wet 'N' Wild Eyeshadow pallet in Comfort Zone.


Words cant describe how...see I told you they couldn't. I LOVE THIS PALLET!!! Six  Eight(this is why I majored in English ;) shades for $5.00. That's less than $1.00 per shade of eyeshadow (and a pretty big tin of it I might add). Not to mention the color value is incredible. Look at the shades swatches on my arm.


And seriously...they last....all...friggin...day. Not to mention I mix and match the colors all day every day and just play around with the gorgeousness that is that pallet. I don't even venture to my Clinique quad any more. This thing is THAT amazing.

Yesterday, whilst playing around with my Comfort Zone pallet, I created a very inexpensive budget smokey eye I thought I'd share with you guys. I did film it...but I think I did a much better job on the quality this time??...Let me know what you guys think and if this was helpful at all to you. Also, if you have other drugstore shadows you love....PLEASE let me know. I'm always in the market for great, cheap products!!!!



Go to your local Walgreens or Dollar General and I bet you will be surprised to see how many amazing Wet N Wild products you find be bopping around. ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment