Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Summer Saviors

Hellooooo All!!!

I hope that you are all enjoying a terrific Tuesday afternoon!!! I recently read Mary's post on her Summer makeup/toiletry favorites and thought to myself: WHAT A FANTASTIC IDEA!!!!

 
Especially for our readers in awkward, ridiculous climate types---summer makeup can be tough!! Take Florida for example. During the summer months, we Floridians are likely to wake up to absurdly high temperatures. Then, at the conclusion of our days, we aren't too surprised when an insanely loud and VERY rainy thunderstorm. This happens....oh...I dunno...EVERY...FRIGGIN...DAY. As a result, if you like to doll yourself up during these cer-azzyy months...you have to learn to adjust your makeup techniques accordingly. Which brings me to:
 
MY SUMMER MAKEUP FAVORITES
 
 
FOUNDATION
 
 
I have found the Lumi True Match foundation to be the holy grail of all summer foundations. "Why?" you may ask. I'll tell you why. Because it doesn't make the worst mistake all my other foundations make in the summertime---guaranteed. The Lumi True Match does not attempt to make your skin look perfectly matte.
 
As one Floridian to another, if I see a girl at any type of outdoor, summer event who's face is perfectly matte I'm thinking she either A) did her makeup in the car on the way or B) hasn't been outside for more than five minutes yet.
 
To me, matte foundations are not a good thing for the sweaty, steamy weather that is Florida in summer. It feels way too heavy and eventually yields to looking plain greasy. Ew.
 


On the other hand, the Lumi foundation stays somewhat glossy and gives a more dewey finish. It is so awesome in the summer because it dosnt feel too heavy and it's supposed to look a little shiny. At only $12.50 it's well worth the cost, especially considering Loreal gives out $2.50 coupons all the time :)

BRONZER
 


In summer, I personally forego the blush and go for the bronzer instead. I have naturally pink cheeks, so I just try to provide a little color under the cheekbones for a more defined appearance.

Specifically, the one I love is Goddess from Wet N' Wild. As you can see, it has hints of pink and tan and so it looks really nice for a blush/bronzer. It also provides it's wearers with a touch of a glow---which looks great with the Lumi foundation. At $2.50 for a purchase price, it doesn't get much better than this.

P.S. More ivory-toned ladies (such as myself )may want to use this sparingly, and only in the summer when you are a little more tanned. It comes off a little too dark otherwise!

EYESHADOWS
 
 
It's well-known knowledge around here at budget beauty that I can't get enough of those Wet N Wild eyeshadow pallets. For $5.00 and 8 SHADOWS it's a remarkable buy!
 
But what I really love about these shadows, for summertime, is the shimmery side that looks so much more natural in summer. Just put a little on for day and then add a darker color to the browbone for night. So easy and such beautiful colors. The one pictured above is in "Petal Pusher."
 
So there you have it, just a few of my summer faves. Don't forget to keep the ideas coming about what you want to see next, as Mary and I love our readers :)
 
Until Next Time,
 
Summer Sun-sations
 
Eliz


No comments:

Post a Comment