Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Put on your best face.

Hi all! 

So, I mentioned a couple posts back that I wanted to review Boots No. 7 Beautifully Matte Foundation. I'm a woman of my word, so here you go! 


That's what it looks like. It comes in a nice bottle with a pump (!!!). I love pump-able products. They just seem way more sanitary than dipping your fingers into the product. 

The formulation is great. It's nice and creamy, but it dries to an almost powder finish. It's light enough to wear in the humidity of summer, too, which I love. It doesn't migrate all over your face, and it has a nice, buildable coverage so you can go as lightweight or matte as you want.

It lasts for a good while. I'm a huge believer in setting your makeup with powder, so I always do this, but it does do a really good job of keeping skin nice and matte looking. 

No flash on left, with flash on right.
This is without any concealer or finishing powder, but it just gives you an idea of how it covers imperfections, etc. 

My only downside is that it is SPF 15, which is great, but it does give a slight white cast when photographed. But I love everything about this foundation, so that doesn't bother me in the least (besides, when you're natural skin tone is "Casper," what's a little more whiteness? Right?). 

Overall, this is an awesome foundation. I'm SO glad I discovered it and I can't recommend it highly enough! 


PS: I found this because I'm a cheapskate. I had gone to the gym, not gotten sweaty, and had errands to run but didn't want to go totally bare-faced. So I ran into Target real quick, grabbed the sampler of this, slapped it on, and fell in love. So basically I'm one of those cheap nasty girls who does her makeup at the sample counter, but IT PAID OFF, okay??

Flawless foundation, 
Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment