Thursday, June 13, 2013

Hot town, summer in the city...

Hello, lovelies! 

So, as you all know, summer is HERE and it's HOT outside! As such, I find myself adjusting my beauty products to the season so my face doesn't absolutely melt off by the end of the day. I wanted to share some of my favorite summer products with you! Read on!

Boots Beautifully Matte Foundation
I'm going to do a more in-depth review of this foundation sometime in the hopefully near future, but for now suffice to say that I love it. It's a much drier formulation than most liquid foundations, which is great when the sweat starts pouring. This has been my go-to foundation since the weather got warm, and I think it'd be great for anyone with oily skin (or people who live in a swamp, like we do!). Highly recommend, you can get it at Target!


Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer, Monistat Chafing Gel
In the sticky summer heat and humidity, primer becomes a MUST if you're going to wear foundation (or anything on your face, really). Both of these work really well to help keep makeup from sliding off your face as the day goes on, and assist in creating a matte finish. 



NYC Smooth Skin Pressed Powder, E.L.F. Matifying Powder, and Hard Candy Welcome Matte Powder

 I have used all 3 of the pressed powders above, and they all work really well to a) help keep makeup in place, and b) touch up during the day. Any pressed powder will do the job, but it helps during the summer heat to switch to more powdery formulas and save your liquids for when it cools down a bit. 


Hard Candy Blotting Papers

Blotting papers (like primer by Monistat) are one of those beauty things that are actually pretty gross. But they become an essential in the summer to keep oil at bay during the day! I've used a bunch by different brands, but don't really have a preference...I think they generally all work pretty well. But Hard Candy's hot pink packaging (and price point!) sold me! 




Rio Rumberry, "Lucky You," and Victoria's Secret Pink Beach Body Sprays
I find that most actual Eau de Parfums are wayyy too heavy to wear during the summer, so I usually opt for a  clean, floral, or tropical body spray. They're light enough to keep the fragrance from becoming too heady, but just enough to give you a nice fragrance. A lot of perfumes have body spray editions now, too, so definitely check that out if you have a signature scent. 



Dove body wash and deodorant in Cucumber & Green Tea
This is SUCH a cool, light, clean, and refreshing scent for summer! The body wash lathers up really nicely and is perfect at the end of a hot day, and the deodorant works really well, too. The scent is just really nice, and helps combat that stank-nasty "sweaty body" smell that sometimes happens in summer! 



Lush Vanilla Puff Powder
I love Lush's dusting powders, but this one is my all-time favorite. I've re-ordered it quite a few times, and it's something I can't do without during the summer! The vanilla smell is so decadent...a great, calorie-free way to indulge your sweet tooth! And I love that all their powders are talc-free, but they work really well to help absorb oil and sweat throughout the day. I can't recommend it highly enough! 



Vaseline Total Moisture Aloe Fresh Lotion
This is just a really nice, lightweight lotion that still manages to moisturize without being too heavy. I love it for after I shave, and, BONUS, it has aloe too! So if you end up getting too much sun, this feels really nice on scorched skin, too! 




So there you have some Summer Secrets from the Swamp! Do you guys have any beauty products or tips/tricks that you use to beat the heat? Let us know, and thanks for stopping by! 

Stay cool!
-Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment