Sunday, February 1, 2015

Maybelline The Nudes Pallete Review/Tutorial

Good afternoon all you lovely ladies!!!

If any of you ladies are as active as I am in the you(tube)uverse, you know that nude eye pallets are seriously EVERYWHERE. All it took was one little Naked makeup invention from Urban Decay, and suddenly women from across the world are all



anytime a neutral eyeshadow is anywhere within a 50 yard proximity.

And I have to admit I'm nowhere near above the fray. If I could easily plunk down $50.00 for anything, let alone an eyeshadow box, I would've most likely been the first lady in line down at the local Ulta--Urban Decay's Naked pallete happily in-hand.

But alas, that's not where I am in life. So, instead, I've experimented with lesser expensive eyeshadows over time--picking and choosing which ones ROCK and which ones to KNOCK. An awesome play on words no?? **As a side note, I'm thinking about doing a Youtube segment like this, so let me know what you think!!**

I was walking through my CVS one morning, and came across a Maybelline eye pallete called "The Nudes," and was (obviously) instantly interested. I spent around $10.00 on it, and am really pleased overall. My review is provided below.

TEXTURE: Overall, the shadows are really nice texture. Specifically, the non-matte shades are wonderfully creamy and pigmented. They are the BOMB!! Dare I say they remind me, texture-wise of Wet N Wild? The matte shades are a little less creamy, but not overly dry or chalky.

COLOR RANGE: There are some truly great colors here. Dark sparkly brown, taupe, light and dark gold, and a beautiful charcoal black are just a few of what you will receive in this pallet. The only thing I noticed missing, that in my opinion would make it better, is a matte warm color for blending purposes.

PRICE POINT: $10.00 for 12 shadows...nuff said :)

No comments:

Post a Comment